Dear community, I have some very exciting news!
If you’ve been following my blog since the beginning, you’ll remember my book, “Literature: How to Read and Understand the World.” It’s out! It’s available on Amazon, Barnes & Noble, and GoodReads through Balboa Press (links below).
For a reminder, “Literature: How to Read and Understand the World” describes a way of engaging with literature—and stories in general—that helps us to identify with literary characters, and through this process, cultivate principles of wisdom which can improve our lives. This process is heart-based, builds community, and relies on academic and creative-writing practices. It is the result of multiple years of thinking, feeling, and experimentation—in Colorado and Wisconsin, in my head and soul.
If you’d like to help me spread the word about this work, below are some ways you can do so!
1. You can buy and read the book.
Barnes & Noble: https://www.barnesandnoble.com/w/literature-jackson-holzberg-buckley-m-s/1136519403?ean=9781982242657
2. You can sign up to take a course with me using the book’s methods as curriculum. Essentially, we will choose a work of fiction, read and engage with it according to my methods, and share our learning with one another and our communities. Especially given current conditions, this will be an online course. It will begin sometime in June and last for eight consecutive weeks of one session per week. If you are interested, please write me through the portal here: https://jacksonholzbergbuckley.com/contact-2/
3. Have a podcast or other media format? Interview me! You can see some of my past interviews through my events page: https://jacksonholzbergbuckley.com/events/
4. Attend the virtual book-talk, -signing, and -selling that I’ll be hosting on FB Live at 7pm Central Time on April 25th. At this event, I’ll read from, talk about my book, take questions, and offer signed copies for anyone who is interested in buying the book. RSVP to the event below!
5. Member of a book club? Ask your fellow members about accompanying a work of fiction with my book’s methods, and write me with any interesting results! I am also available for consultation around and facilitation of this process.
Thank you for reading, and thank you for all the support along the way, as I’ve developed my website and stepped into my own in multiple formats and situations. It has been an incredible learning process, and I am excited to see what the future brings.
P.S., special thanks to Rhe Civitello for the book’s cover illustration, and to Ali Bibbo for the author photo that I so frequently use.
1 thought on “Literature: How to Read and Understand the World (Release Event)”
Using literature and characters to enhance self understanding, and the understanding of our world, is a visionary concept well worth reading about. This book inspired me to bring Jackson in as a guest lecturer for a class I teach at the California Institute of the Arts. Seeing the lessons of this book come alive and resonate in a college classroom gave me an even deeper appreciation of its unique value.